Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28, 2013

Today was a tough day.  Jerry won't eat and he's taking more pills today than in the past.  I've tried everything to get him to eat but he won't.  He's even slowed down eating Popsicles. 

I did a lot of crying today over him not eating, the fatigue, and the financial end of things.  He is so weak it scares me when he stands up. 

It seems like right after he has chemo he has a ton of energy, but it starts dropping during the week.  This is his "free" week so no chemo, hence his extreme fatigue (I think).  I've called the doctors and I don't think they understand what I'm telling them.

Today I asked him if he would agree to a feeding tube if needed.  He said yes at this point he would do it but I would have to change the bag.  I told him I have no problem doing that.  So I'm going to discuss it with his doctor's nurse tomorrow.  They might not do it because of the blood thinners.

I got an email from a Patient Advocate organization today.  I had asked them if it was law yet where insurance companies had to except patients with pre-existing conditions.  Guess what, its not until January 1st, 2014.  I'm going to email my HR people tomorrow to see if there is a chance that my insurance will take pre-existing conditions.  Right now he has nothing. 

He had a shower tonight.  You might think there isn't much to that, but there is.  It's always an ordeal preparing him for a shower.  He still has the tube and bag so we have to cover that up with plastic and tape it in order for it to stay dry. It exhaust him to shower so he only does it a few times a week. 

He needs a hair cut badly so I've got to figure out how to get that done.

He's in bed and asleep now.  Hopefully he will have a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Joni as far as getting Jerry's hair cut Sean's gf cuts hair for a living so I know she would be more than happy to cut Jerry's hair. I will see when her next day off is.

    ReplyDelete